Child, 3, hospitalized after being served alcohol mistakenly at Pennsylvania restaurant

MONROEVILLE, Pa. — A 3-year-old Pennsylvania girl spent several hours in Children’s Hospital after her mother said the child was mistakenly served alcohol at a Monroeville restaurant on Sunday, WPXI-TV reported.

>> Read more trending news

Ashley Cain told the TV station that the family was dining at Saga Hibachi Steakhouse, where the chef cooked and performed for their table, squirting sake into the adults’ mouths and what he believed to be pink lemonade into the mouths of the children.

“There was a bottle of pink lemonade and one bottle of sake. They both look similar. They were both in a condiment squirt bottle. After the first two or three times, she started getting a disgusted look on her face, and we were like, ‘Something is not right,’” Cain told WPXI.

About 15 minutes later, the girl became ill and disoriented, her mother said.

“She started acting woozy and babbling about I don’t know what. You could definitely tell she was off,” Cain told the TV station.

Cain also told WPXI that by the time her daughter was seen by physicians at Children’s the alcohol was indetectable in her system because too much time had passed.

Meanwhile, David Wang, the restaurant’s manager, confirmed to WPXI on Monday that the chef accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle.

“It is our fault. It’s horrifying. We are truly sorry this happened. We will go step-by-step to make sure this will never happen again,” Wang said.

On Air86KONO - Greatest Hits of the 60's and 70's Logo

mobile apps

Everything you love about and more! Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!