The man who was accused of shooting and killing rapper Nipsey Hussle, has been found guilty.
Eric Ronald Holder Jr. was accused of killing Hussle in 2019, The Associated Press reported.
He also faced attempted murder charges in the wounding of two other men who were hit by gunfire.
Holder was also convicted of the attempted murder charges.
Holder did not take the stand in his defense, the AP reported before the start of closing arguments late last month.
Both Hussle and Holder grew up in the same South Los Angeles neighborhood with ties to the gang, the Rollin’ 60s, the AP reported.
There had been rumors that Holder was an informant. On March 31, 2019, Hussle toldHolder outside of Hussle’s clothing store that the latter needed to address it. Holder left the location but returned 10 minutes later and shot Hussle, witnesses said.
But while the accusation of being a snitch was a motive, prosecutors said it wasn’t the primary reason for the killing and that there had to have been envy or hatred for Hussle on the part of Holder. The killing was classified as first-degree murder because of the time elapsed between Holder leaving the location and his return, the AP reported.
Hussle, who was born Ermias Asghedom, was 33 when he was killed. He had just released his first album with a major label, which earned him a Grammy nomination.
©2022 Cox Media Group